February 1, 2009

Is it Spring yet?!!!


UP AT THE KNOB
Hooray for Spring

If Phil does not see his shadow
Up at the Knob the groundhogs pause

Sitting up and showing claws.

Is there a shadow here today?

If not spring is on the way.

Cheer, Cheer, Cheer

Spring is here!

Cheer, Cheer, Cheer

Spring is here!

Up at the Knob it is so clear

We're waiting for Springtime to appear!

Up at the Knob
Winter is still here


Up at the Knob the groundhogs pause

Sitting up and showing claws.

"I see my shadow." says old Phil

Six more weeks of winter chill.

Boo, hoo, hoo,We're so blue!
Boo, hoo, hoo,We're so blue!

Up at the Knob when shadows come

Six more weeks till we have sun!
words by: Kathy Bish
I am hoping and praying for SPRING!! I checked the weather forcast for Phil and it is a 68% possiblity of cloud cover at 7:00 a.m. I am afraid it does not look good for Spring being just around the corner...I will keep my fingers crossed though.
Hope everyone is having a GREAT SUPER BOWL DAY!! We are going out for dinner and then check out some Super Bowl parties...of course my team is not playing...they will remain nameless,lol. Just suffice it to say they did set a RECORD this year!!
Lotsa love,
Gig
Update on Mom:
She is home from the hospital...doing ok...not following diet...but still telling everyone else what to do. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. I really appreciate the support. xoxo

3 comments:

just bob said...

Sending you some California sun... I hope spring is soon on its way for you. Here's to you and your mom!

Anonymous said...

This is Joyful JO not anonymous. My sidebar names have gone and am going in by Mark's blog.
Aww cute. I gather this is a groundhog. While you guys are freezing we are sweltering. Last week 43 degrees celsius or 105degrees farenheight.
Good to see your mum is out of hospital. She must be ok if she is still in command.
School went back today and Helen has gone off to do her last 2 years of school. She is now in the senior school and wearing her special jumper that only seniors wear. I even took a photo of her in it this morning as i can't believe she has reached this milestone.
Have a good week.
Jo.

Megan said...

Hi Gig! Sorry that Phil didn't have good news for you today...but glad to hear that mom is doing well!