January 22, 2008

Snowy River

Posted by PicasaTook a drive today to take some pictures of the beautiful AuSauble River.
I never get tired of looking at it. I find it very peaceful in the winter. Most of the year, you will find many fly fishermen here. They come from all over the world to fish in our river.
In July, there is a very big canoe marathon race. Racers come from everywhere to compete in this triple crown race. It is an amazing sight to see! The race takes approximately 14 hrs of non-stop racing. I will have to find and post pictures of this event.
Back to today. I was looking for a little quiet and solitude, and I found it. There was only one problem........the temp was about 10 degrees with a windchill of 10 below. Cold...........
But, I did brave it and took some pictures to send to Mr. Big's younger daughter. She does not get to see as much snow as we do.
It feels so nice to try and get back to a regular routine, whatever that might be:).
The very much loved "traveling" Granddaughter should be back in her hometown tomorrow.
We are all so thankful for every one's good thoughts and prayers. They mean so much.
Good thoughts to all,
Gig

4 comments:

Kookaburra said...

Hey Gig,
What a great post.It is always interesting to read about other places. I'm guessing that July is summertime. I would love to see some pics,if you have them, of the canoe race. (But don't worry if there are none close at hand.)
-----------------------------------
Here is an update on the Australian Open, Day 10.

WOMEN'S SINGLES, Quarter-finals:
9-Daniela Hantuchova(Svk) d 29-Agnieszka Rdwanska(Pol) 6-2,6-2
4-Ana Ivanovic(Srb) d 8-Venus williams (US) 7-6, (7-3), 6-4.

MEN'S SINGLES, Quarter-finals:
3-Novak Djokovic(Srb) d 5-David Ferrer(Spa) 6-0,6-3,7-5
1-Roger Federer(Swi) d 12-James Blake(US) 7-5,7-6(7-5),6-4

Take care,Cheerio :), Mark.

CSI Seattle said...

What a fantastic picture. I can understand that the cold weather would cut your visit short, but the picture makes for a nice posting.

By the way, I love the picture of the kitty off to the right.

Chat soon and often,

Brian

Gig said...

Morning Mark,
Yes, July is summertime. I am working on a post of the Marathon Race. Thanks for the update on the Open. Venus and Serena Williams are from Mr.Big's hometown. So, we usually try to keep up on how they are doing.

Will chat later:), Deb

Gig said...

Morning CSI,
I am glad you liked the picture, I took about 10,it was quite comical, the snow was pretty deep in spots and I was on the edge of the river. I did not want to fall in!! Our Maggie loves to sleep in our bathroom sink. It still takes me by surprise to find her there.
Also, thanks for the post about the kids. We feel blessed that nothing bad happened and they are home safe and sound.

Chat later:) Deb